The trouble with remodeling is that it is hard to know when to stop. Projects have a way of growing and if left unchecked can fill time and exceed budgets. This Living room started out to create a wall and remove the entry doors/wall. The problem is blending the new walls with the old existing texture. When I started removing adjoining walls another strange thing occurred. The paint peels off the walls in sheets. sometimes it pulls the drywall paper off a little sometimes it doesn't. This makes it even harder to blend and match the texture. So as I reach a corner I think I need to do this wall to match the others. Now I have started replacing the drywall on the wall between the living room and kitchen as you can see to the right it is half finished. There are only two walls remaining that are untouched (sort of).
Now I am thinking I may as well just do them as well and finish the job right. That would mean removal of the mantle and could lead to replacement of the fire box. So I am posting a poll where you can express your opinion of what I should do. Should I continue on to the remaining walls and do the job right? Or should I just stop and try to tie in as best as I can and not worry about how it looks. (You know that would drive me crazy because I would see all the mistakes) The other way would probably drive Robin crazy. So let me know what you think.
2 comments:
Well, if it's going to drive you crazy by quitting now I guess you better do it right. I know how maddening it is to look at something that you want to fix and it's too late. Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
I say just finish what you have and don't worry about the rest. You won't be home too much, and you will move eventually. Right?
Post a Comment