I spent all my energy monday hauling the tree debris to the garbage hauler in Alvin where they allow people to drop off tree debris for free. Saves me a lot of time cutting and bundling the branches into 4 ft bundles. After that I spent the rest of the day and my energy cutting the grass and weeding.
Then I got a text from our friend Scott Cobb that he was going to cut down two cedar trees in his back yard soon and wondered If I still wanted the tree trunks. When they told me a while back they wanted to cut them down, I told them I wold help them and would like to take the trunks. I have some uses in mind for them.
So tuesday I fired up the chain saw again and we cut down the two 25' tall cedar trees. The weather was overcast and a light sprinkle falling. There was also a pretty good breeze blowing in the opposite direction we wanted to trees to fall. the larger tree had a pronounced lean toward the fence so we started with the smaller of the two trees but when I started on the back cut it started to go in the opposite direction. After we panicked for a few minutes Scott came up with a come-along from the neighbor across the street and we managed to pull it down in Scott's yard rather than on the fence.
I brought my 16' extension ladder over and we limbed up the second tree and topped it. Then felling it in the direction we wanted it to fall was a piece of cake.
No one got hurt and no fences were damaged. I didn't get any pictures of the project in progress but I have the trunks .
My Past Year
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment