After weeks of trapping and much frustration I am very happy to report that the last rat has left the building. I blocked off the access hole to the house by foaming up the hole where the ac lines ran into the attic. We caught three rats in the kitchen with sticky traps around the dog food dish. But the last rat was able to elude all my attempts to catch it. It got caught on the glue trap one night last week but managed to free itself under the toe kick. Then after we went back to bed it came out and emptied the dish while avoiding the traps. I blocked the toe kicks and we didn't hear it for a couple of days. Plenty of dog food I guess. Then a couple of nights ago I heard it in the air vent in our bedroom. It seems like when it gets desperate to get out it gnaws holes in the air ducts and tries to get out of the vents. I frightened it by shining my flashlight on the vent. I had a glue trap in the attic and it aparently got it's tail stuck on it but got free again. Yesterday we could hear it stratching around in the soffit on the back of the house. I pried off the vent thinking it would jump out of the hole. Aparently it did because we didn't hear anything last night.
My Past Year
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment