Friday, September 01, 2006

Goodbye Gretchen


Today was a sad day for us. We had to say goodbye to our beloved little gretchen (pictured here in the center). Yesterday was actually her 15th birthday. It is hard to believe she has been our sweet companion for that long. I can still remember that day in Sweet Home when the breeder brought out that little puppy they didn't really want to sell. I had never even seen a Mineature Schnauzer, but this one stole my heart. A lot of life has happened in those 15 years. Our children have grown and left home, we have moved from Salem Or. to Medford, Tumwater WA, and now Texas. We nearly lost her to Lyme disease in Medford, but she pulled through. We have shed a few tears at her passing. We will miss her a lot.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Goodbye, little Gretchen.

Curtis said...

Sorry to hear about Gretchen. It's always hard to lose a pet. I know it was hard for our family when we had to put down our cat Mitten and, later, our dog Nikki.