Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rat Free! and this time I mean it!




Aparently last week when I declared the house a rat free zone I was a bit premature. While we have not heard or seen evidence of any rat activity since then It was not the case. Kevin was up scratching his poison ivy several nights ago and thought he heard something eating from the dog dish. Then we started to notice a foul odor emanating from the area under the cabinets a couple of days ago.

So today I ripped off the toe kick boards and sure enough there under the sink cabinet was a big fat dead stinky rat! yuck!

With the DB removed the smell in the house has definitely improved. We REALLY hope this is the last of the rats in the house!! At least the last one had the courtesy to die outside!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

That is a really gross picture of the dead rat. Yuck!

Debbie said...

And I thought spiders were bad!

Donna said...

Oooooooooooooooooo!! I hate dead rats!! Okay, I hate rats dead or alive. Who knows what is dead and living in our home...besides me!