Saturday, October 09, 2010

Tangerine bumper Crop

We have a tangerine, technically a Satsuma, tree in the back yard. It produces only every other year and this year it is loaded with fruit. The limbs are so bent over it looks like they will snap. They are just starting to turn yellow. By next month they will be fully ripe.  I'd like to get another tree that would produce on the off years, but of course there is no way to control when they make fruit. The way my luck goes we would more likely get two trees producing on the same schedule.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Curtis still talks about how much he loved picking those tangerines off your tree when we visited a few years ago for Thanksgiving. We'll have to plan our next trip around when it is producing. I guess that means we won't come next year :)

Jay said...

Sadly there won't be any next year. I am thinking of planting more trees. Maybe I'll get lucky and get trees that produce on opposite years. If not we will have way too man tangerines.