Sunday, October 18, 2009

A1a bike ride

I have the whole weekend off this week so I decided to do a bike ride down A1A which is the coast highway that runs down the Atlantic coast of Florida. There is a bike route which starts at Ponte Vedra, about 20 miles south east of Jacksonville. I drove down and parked in a strip mall. It was mostly flat with a few gradual grades. You can't see the ocean from the road because there is a berm which has private residences built on it most of the way. Some are mansions and others are kind of shacks. The ride was nice, the sun was out, but the temperatures were actually quite cool. I postponed riding until around noon because it was so cold in the morning. A dramatic change from last week when it was so hot an humid I didn't want to ride.




I stopped at a public beach access and snapped these photos of myself then rode back to the van.

2 comments:

Ben McMurry said...

Flat terrain. I need to try that sometime. And, tell me again, why aren't we neighbors?

Carolyn said...

It makes me happy that you're still biking. I need to get a bike one day.