
You may have heard of Boston's "Big Dig". It was an underground freeway tunnel project that went years past deadline and billions of dollars over budget. I think it may go into the record books as one of the biggest, most costly and corrupt pork barrel projects ever. While my house remodeling is corruption free, I am worried that it may be plagued with serious cost over-runs and delays; and it is just a big mess. Here are some more samples of what poor Robin has to put up with.
I had to correct some more wiring issues I found hidden behind the wall/fire box. I also corrected some framing mistakes to give better support to the backing for the cultured stone I am going to put on the wall.

In the mean time the room is a disaster. I finally overcame some inertia the wiring and gas line re-route were causing and got moving on the project Friday and Saturday between conference sessions. Didn't get much done Saturday.

The dining room wall is nearly finished, though it doesn't show in this shot. I could in theory finish this room relatively soon, but then where would I store all the tools and junk?
1 comment:
Can't you store the tools and junk in the garage? Or, maybe it's time to build that big shed!
Post a Comment