From the front porch


This door and the stained glass windows were not original to the house. It separates the entry from the living room. Originally it was just an opening the same height as the one to the dining room to the right. When we bought the house our intent was to remove it right away, but as we lived in the house we decided it would be good to have some way of closing off the entry. I frosted the glass with some paint from the craft store and it added a little privacy since the front door has leaded glass that you can see through and we didn't like the fact that anyone standing at the front door could see right into the living room. (no way you can pretend you are not home when you are sitting there watching TV).
If I were as smart as Ben, I'd make a polling question and you could vote for the doors to stay or go. We could replace the front door with one that can't be looked through and open the entry back up to the living room. I think that it would give the illusion of a larger room now that we have walled off the hall. But alas I am not as clever as Ben, so if you want to register your opinion on the doors post a comment. Thanks.
P.S. I'm thinking of using the doors to close the dining room off from the entry. I don't think it should be possible to walk into the entry and see the dining room.

2 comments:
I say you should get rid of the doors!
I think take out the french doors and weird windows, but leave the front doors. That will make it open and welcoming.
Also, I was asking Mom if the doors were a priority or you were looking for something to do. I wasn't judging your motives for wanting to remove the doors.
Post a Comment