Monday, April 03, 2006

Leaving Home




After much negotiation and frustration we agreed to the sale of our house, Finally. I was working in Dallas during the negotiations. The buyers wanted to close on March 28 which did not leave us much time. I returned to Tumwater on the 10th to start packing and moving out. Since we don't have a house to move to it required us to put everything into temporary storage. I thought two weeks to pack and load would be more than enough time. We just Barely made it! I had five of these storage containers delivered on 3/20 and bought this 14 ft trailer.

A couple of friends from church, Mark Wilcox and Jeff Buchanan came over on the morning of the 20th and helped us load all the stuff we had ready to go. It took us all the rest of the week working on our own to finish up. I had a premonition to order a sixth container but didn't do it until saturday. That didn't work out too well and I had to have an emergency delivery of the sixth container tuesday morning the 28th to get the last of the stuff in. Right down to the wire.

I am grateful to a few more friends from chruch who came over saturday morning the 25th to help us load the really heavy stuff like the table saw and couches into the trailer. Other than those few, Dave Peterson, Norm and Skyler Mitchell, and Justin Anderson, the response from the ward was pretty much non existent. Nothing from my quorum leader, RS, or other friends which was pretty disappointing.

Anyway, with a little help, Robin and I got it done. We got rid of a lot of stuff that was not worth the cost to move it. Most of our furniture. I made at least three trips to the DI tralier and as many to the dump. We are now officially homeless, living with Robin's mother until we can find a house in Houston TX.

Will post more on the house hunting trip later.

No comments: