It is HOT in Texas. I have to say it is a little less humid here in Dallas than it was in Houston but you still sweat when you do anything out doors. I just checked the Houston weather; it's 85 and 76% humidity. Right now in Rowlett at 9:45 pm it is 86 and 53% humidity, but the weather bug says it feels like 89. That's kind of like the wind chill in reverse.
As I was leaving the office this afternoon I'm sure the temperature was up around 95, the high for the day I saw this squirrel lying spread-eagle in the shade. He kind of raised his head up to look at me as I walked by, but when I went back to take this picture he didn't move a muscle. I'm not an expert on Squirrel behavior but I've never seen one do this before. The only thing I can figure is he must have been trying to cool off. The temperature of the dirt in the shade must be a little cooler than the air temperature.
My Past Year
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment