While Robin was in Washington for the month of July, I started on two bedrooms. I guess the carpeting looked so nice once it was installed I felt more inspired or motivated to continue to work on the rest of the ugly rooms. I re-textured the master bedroom and the one we formerly used as an office. Since I already had all the furniture moved out for the carpet installation it was a little easier to get started. I decided to try an experiment to texture the walls without covering the old texture and sanding them smooth. It worked out great and saved me about a week of work per room. I painted the walls in the bedroom chocolate candy brown and honest blue and repainted the ceiling a clean bright white. I also installed some new base trim and painted it with gloss white paint. I picked out and purchased a sage green for the office but before I could paint it I was called to go to Chicago for a month. I returned from Chicago a week ago so this week I painted and trimmed out the old office and re-assembled the exercise equipment. I think the room turned out very well so I thought I would post some photographs of the finished room.
I have to say the bedroom looks so much better without the Bowflex, and now I will be more likely to use it since I can use it early in the morning when I get up which is usually while Robin is still sleeping. Though I will miss using it for hanging my clothes.
My Past Year
7 years ago
1 comment:
Looks nice! I wish I could get Alison to paint since she is home all day.
Post a Comment