I think it was a bout a year after we moved in to this house that I took a demolition hammer to the Mexican terracotta tile that was throughout the house, except for the bedrooms. Since that time we have been living with bare concrete floors. The original goal was to install hardwood flooring but the concrete is so uneven that proved to be an impossability wtihout completely re-leveling the entire hose almost. We decided to go with carpet. I actually didn't mind the concrete much. You don't really have to worry about keeping it clean when you work or walk on it. Just sweep it up. Women seem to have a different view of things like that than men. Robin found it to be pretty horrible, as did all of her friends. So after three years we have bought new carpet. Hard to believe I know. I fully expect all Robin's friends will want to come check it out. It was a two day installation process due to the fact that I had to dis-assemble a lot of stuff, like steelcase desks and the bowflex. It looks really good, in my opinion and it does make the house feel a lot nicer and more liveable. Here are some before, after and in the middle pictures.
My Past Year
7 years ago

2 comments:
I like the carpet. It looks nice!
Finally! Looks great, Dad.
Post a Comment