So here I am still blogging when the rest of the world has abandoned the medium. Though it may be boring it is probably an accurate reflection of what my life is like. I spent last week in Illinois re-testing our next estimating software version. I was sick all week with a cold/virus. Pretty sure it wasn't Swine flu. Yesterday I was able to spend some time working on the spare bedroom. I have been really unmotivated on this project for some reason and it has taken me a long time. I got a little energized yesterday finally seeing some serious progress. I finally got the drywall and walls prepped and painted with the drywall primer. Now that the paint is dry the walls look really good. I replaced the sheet rock on one wall and the ceiling. The other two walls had to be skim coated with drywall mud to smooth out the rough texture that was on them. That was a lot of work. I am posting some before paint and after paint pictures. Now all I have to do is spray the texture on the walls and paint the final coat. I should be finished by Thanksgiving. Then I can re-install the shutters,door and install and paint the new base trim. Once all that is accomplished we can have the carpet installed. I need to have that all done by Christmas.
Before paint.
After paint.
No comments:
Post a Comment