This is our (my) newest project. We get too much afternoon sun on our small back deck off of our bedroom so we have been trying to solve the problem. Last year Jay put a green shade cloth on the top of the pergola but it still wasn't shady enough for me. This year while I was watching HGTV I saw this great idea for our deck... a patio with outdoor curtains to shade it during the hot afternoon sun. I, of course, wanted to do that on our back deck right away. But, I had to be patient and wait to find just the right hanging apparatus and decide what to use for the curtains... and for Jay to come home. After much debate we decided on a wire curtain hanger and cafe curtain clips to hang the curtains and inexpensive white twin sheets from Walmart for the curtains. I like how it turned out but we still need to fine tune the curtains. Do they need to be tied together more? Do they need weights at the bottom? Do they need to be cut shorter? Hmmmm. I am trying to decide.
My Past Year
7 years ago
2 comments:
I vote for a weight on the bottom.
I like the curtains a lot. It makes a nice area for sitting.
Post a Comment