Hurricane Ike came ashore on the Texas coast Friday September 12th. It was expected to make landfal as a category 3 but it was actually quite a bit less forceful than that. I won't go into a lot of detail here as there are many websites where you can go to get information on the hurricane. It hit at Galveston TX where the damage was very serious. Fortunately Friendswood did not get as hard hit as it could have. Most of the sevier damage was further east of us. We are still without electricity, but the water stayed on the whole time. We stayed at Jann and Kevin's house and their power came on last night. We had some broken tree limbs and some water seeped into the quilting studio and living room. Most of our fence blew down or is leaning. I calculated roughly 600 feet of fence that is damaged. We are hoping the power comes on pretty quickly but there are something like a million people without power and it could take weeks to get it all restored.
The neighbors on both sides of us had way more debris in their yards and more broken trees. Today I went over to the house to work and my neighbor asked me why my yard was so much cleaner than theirs. He said I must be protected by a higher power. I don't know if my yard was protected but it sure looked that way. Saturday when we went over the back yard looked like a lake. You can see the debris line in one of the photos.
My Past Year
7 years ago
2 comments:
well, I am glad to see that you guys made it through relatively unscathed. I was wondering how you did, if you were in the path at all. I hope all of the cleanup goes quickly!
I'm glad Ike didn't do too much damage for you. We've been thinking of you and all our Houston friends, and it's nice to know you're okay.
Post a Comment