Sunday, August 03, 2008

Jay's making progress on the Livingroom!

When I came home from Washington I found the couches covered with plastic and a large scaffolding erected in the middle of the livingroom. Jay is working on making the walls smooth so that they can be textured this week. It will be wonderful to be another step closer to our new livingroom!

We bought a large piece of wood to use as a mantle for the fireplace. Jay has cut it to size and rubbed it with wax. This is it sitting on two pipes that will eventually be used to install the mantle on the wall. I printed out two options for the rock that we want to put on that wall. One is river rock and the other is called Austin stone, both are in Millsap, with tan and cream and gold colors. Which do you like best?

3 comments:

Ben McMurry said...

I think that the round rock looks great.

The Blunck Family said...

I like the Austin stone the best. Your living room is going to be beautiful. Karen

Carolyn said...

I like the round rocks better too.