


Tuesday I was warned that I might be going to California to work on the fires. Wednesday I learned that I was definitely going. Friday I flew to Ontario. As the plane was landing I looked out the window and saw the smoke hanging over the area. I don't think these pictures really do it justice. California is normally a smoggy place but this is really incredible. I have not been out to see any of the burned areas yet but I will sometime this week I think.
Yesterday I taught a class on Xactimate, the estimating software we use. I have another class this afternoon in San Diego.
I saw on the news last night that they are starting to let people back in to some of the mandatory evacuation areas which is a good thing. Last night I walked over to a restaurant accross the parking lot from my hotel and when I came out it was sprinkling. I doubt it rained enough to do a lot of good on the fire fighting effort but it can't hurt. Hopefully they will get the fires out soon.
1 comment:
Wow! You see a lot of devastation in your job. That is incredible. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Post a Comment